Friday, February 13, 2009

F R I D A Y


At last--the new Friday The 13Th was shown at midnight and the boys and I were first in line to see it. Now, I enjoyed the movie because it is "a F13 movie" and most of you know that I am a loyal fan of Jason, but is the movie good? Yes--if you like boobies shown for no reason at all, bloody ends for college students, and a great night out with your friends. This is not the classic Jason we have seen over the years. This Jason is smart and very fast, in fact, he chases his victims down! Of course, the college student fit the usual stereotype: the rich bitch, the whore, the druggie, and the innocent girl. The story is very simple--go to Camp Crystal Lake and you'll die! Derck Mears is an interesting Jason and I think he was good in his role. The movie does have a lot of problems, as some of the actors are terrible and you really don't have time to care for any of them. A lot of the death scenes have been done before (and better). Personally, I thought the intro to Jason was way to fast and didn't give the viewers a chance to "understand" why Jason is killing monster. The ending (which I will not spoil) is weak and of course, open to a sequel. The movie was fun--better than some of the crap that has come out this year. See it with your friends and have a good time.

No comments: