Tuesday, November 11, 2008

X-MEN?


Comic book are getting mighty expensive. Most titles from Marvel Comics and DC Comics start at $ 2.99, so I've got to start eliminating some books from my monthly pull-list. The first title to get the axe: X-Men titles. Let me just come right out and say that the X-Men books are terrible and in need of some help.
1. I'm not a big fan of the team in San Fransisco and there being a hundred mutants on the team--that makes the team less mysterious and more ordinary.
2. Please have someone write Storm corrcectly! I hate seeing Storm talking with Emma Frost like they are buddies--they should HATE each other!
3. Former New X-Men member Pixie went from being a young girl around 13 to a mature woman in her twenties once joining the X-Men. Ick.
4. Where are the villains? I'm supposed to be excited about the new Hellfire Cult? I'm not.
5. For those of you still reading ASTONISHING X-MEN--please tell me what is going on! That title is terrible.
6. X-FORCE isn't that bad, other than the fact that they are killing people while wearing really bad uniforms. The masks with the glowing red eyes is really dorky.
7. YOUNG X-MEN is at least showing me a bit of potential, but I really am not a fan of the characters on that team. Dusk is boring. Rockslide is annoying. Have Danni Moonstar form a new team of mutants (heck, we'll call it THE NEW MUTANTS) that I actually care about.
Goodbye for now, my X-Men friends.

1 comment:

Wonder Man said...

I hate the uber sex in the SF X-Men and I hate Emma