Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'll Fly Above It


There are many elements to being gay in Bakersfield and I often wonder if those elements are found in bigger cities. Just yesterday I received an e-mail from a person that I thought was my friend--who basically told me that he really doesn't like talking to me. He said that I follow him around like a "rock star groupie" and he doesn't like it and I needed to "get over it". I was in shock since Alex (my bff) and I talked to him about 2 months ago and everything was fine. Suddenly I became the spawn of Satan and he told me that he wanted nothing to do with me.
I wrote him back and apologized if I did or said something that might have been considered inappropriate. I ended the letter saying that I will assume this is our last conversation and I would not bother him any longer. Then he flipped out on me! Telling me about all of the pressure he's under at work, etc.
In the past I might have been deeply hurt and gotten very depressed, but not this time. I can't make his issues my issues. I just don't care enough about him to allow myself to fall into this "depression" trap. Progress. It is being made, kids.

2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

keep it going and F**k him

Damien said...

Excellent strategy. His issues are his and if you have depression - as I do - then you probably have more than enough on your plate and do not need to add his drama to it.

Shalom

Damien