Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WAR

I just cannot believe that this year is the 25th
anniversary of SECRET WARS! I still love this series and re-read every so often. I couldn't wait for my dad to take me to 7-11 for a slurpee and a comic! So many things took place in the 12 issue series--some good and some not so good. I'll let you be the judge of these events.
1. Colossus falls in love with an alien and ends his relationship with Kitty. As a child, this devastated me.
2. The new Spider Woman makes her debut and becomes a big with readers, but sadly after the series ended Marvel really couldn't find a place for her.
3. Klaw returns from the dead!
4. To celebrate the 25th anniversary the Marvel Universe Action Figures are offering two figures in one collection. The first one is Wolverine and Human Torch (I'm fine with Torch, but do we need another figure?). The next is Captain America and Klaw (which I think is a really good villain pick), and finally--Spiderman (are you surprised?) and Thunderball (which REALLY shocks me!). If it were up to me, I would have picked Mister Fantastic and Doctor Doom, Hawkeye and Klaw (or the Lizard). My final choice would be She-Hulk and Titania.
5. A brand new CAPTAIN MARVEL minimate will be debuting in Fall 2009.

1 comment:

Wonder Man said...

I didn't know about this