Friday, May 29, 2009

THE FUTURE IS NOW

I was really crushed this past Tuesday when the decided to uphold PROP 8., so I let Juan convince that I should go to a "peaceful" demonstration in front of Outback Steakhouse. Juan was passing out signs and I chose the one that said "MY GOD LOVES US ALL" because in my heart I truly do believe that. People would roll down their windows and shout "faggots", which I still will never get used to. One woman rolled down her window and pointed at me and said "God doesn't love you because of your sin!", to which my reply was the Vulcan saying "Live Long and Prosper!". I know it wasn't much but it was something. Some old lesbian came up to me and tried chastise me for responding back to the car. She said we want to make a good impression for the media and what if a reporter heard what I had said. This cute 22 year old girl said "I think we're safe if 'Live Long and Prosper' gets the media attention. I'm angry with how this whole thing turned out. We'd better get ready!

1 comment:

Wonder Man said...

it is a interesting time